I’ve never liked the supplied TalkTalk router. Seemed more of a plaything than a serious broadband router. Plus I never trust anything that I can’t log into to change the password and examine the settings.
- Setting up a Non TalkTalk Router
- Router Settings wizard
- How do I setup a router that’s not from TalkTalk?
- Username: this will be your telephone number followed by @talktalk.net – for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: enter your broadband password here. See Check your broadband password if you don’t know it.
- VPI: 0
- VCI: 38
- MTU: 1432
- DNS settings: Set as automatic (or similar)
- Encapsulation: PPP over ATM (PPPoA) using VC-MUX
- Modulation Type: Auto