This kit, FPV Reptile 500 Quadcopter Drone Durable Frame Kit ESC Motor 1045 Prop RC141 (£85), comes with some ArduPilot compatible hardware.
Reptile FPV 500 Quadcopter Multicopter Frame 30A ESC A2212 13T 1000KV Motor 1045 Prop APM 2.6 Flght Controller RC141
Replite 500 Quadcopter Frame :
Center lower plate: 1-4pcs 45 * 45mm flight control board;
With Extend board, the ESC parallel plates or 4-in-1 ESC can be installed on it.
With mounting holes for Wireless Transmitter ,CCD,OSD,GPS antenna,special design for installing NAZA flight control (long hole left for VELCRO to fix the controller), holes for tall landing skill.
2200 mAh battery can be fixed at the end of the lower plate.
Center upper plate: with cross holes for mounting NAZA GPS and aluminum mounting plate (38 * 38/33 * 33) in front of it for FPV camera.
Transmitter or remote control receiver and other components can be set at the end of the plate.
Arms: similar arms with F450, F550
- Min Arm distance:380mm
- Max Arm distance:480mm
- Material:Glassfiber+ ABS Plastic
A2212 1000KV Brushless Motor:
- Model: A2212
- KV: 1000
- MAX Efficiency: 80%
- MAX Efficiency Current: 4-10A (>75%)
- Current Capacity: 12A / 60s
- No Load Current: 10 V : 0.5 A-Apply to the ESC: 30A.
- Apply to the Lipo: 2 – 3S.
- Apply to the NiCD / NiMH: 6 – 9S.
- Motor Dimension: 27.5 x 27mm
- Shaft Diameter: 3.17mm
- Weight: 50g approx
30A Brushless ESC:
- Output: Continuous 30A, burst 40A up to 10 Seconds.
- Input voltage: 2-4 cells Li-poly battery or 5-12 cells NiCd/NIMh battery
- BEC: 2A / 5V (Linear mode).
- Max speed: 210,000rpm for 2 poles BLM, 70,000rpm for 6 poles BLM, 35,000rpm for 12 poles BLM. (BLM: Brushless Motor)
- Size: 45 * 24 * 11mm / 1.8 * 0.9 * 0.4in
- Weight: 25g / 0.9oz
- Color: Black
- Type: CW&CCW
APM 2.6 Flight Controller:
Arduino and ArduPilot Mega 2.5 Compatible!
Includes both right angle and straight pins for I/O, allowing user to customize as needed.
Onboard 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
Atmel’s ATMEGA2560-16AU and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from measurement specialties
Size(L*W*H): 70*44*13 mm
- 1x Replite 500 Quadcopter Frame
- 4x XXDA2212 13T 1000KV Motor
- 4x XXD 30A ESC
- 4x 1045 Propeller(CW&CCW)
- 1x APM 2.6 Flight Controller
- 1x ESC Power Distribution Connection Board
- 2x Heat Shrink Tubing
Purchasing the parts separately comes to, roughly, £81:
- Reptile: £10 (for plastic), £25 (for Carbon Fiber)
- Motor: £4 x 4
- ESC: £5 x 4
- Propeller: £1 x 2
- APM: £18
- ESC Power Distribution Connection Board: £1
- [Gold ESC/motor bullets: £1 (male)/£1 (female). See Best way to connect motors and ESC’s: Use solder or bullet connectors?]
So, it probably could be a good idea to shop around and source the parts separately, for less money.
Note that APM 2.5 is rather old and out of date now (although perfectly serviceable), see Archived:APM 2.5 and 2.6 Overview
The APM2.6 board is no longer supported for Copter. From Copter 3.3 firmware (and later) no longer fits on APM boards. The last firmware builds that can be installed (AC v3.2.1) can be downloaded from here: APM2.x and AMP1.x
The APM2.6 board is no longer supported for Plane. The last firmware build that fits on the APM is Plane 3.3.0.
See also, the blog on Flight Controllers, for further information about the APM.