Do you need to replace the battery in your Coolfire? If so, then read on…
Most of the CoolFire IV models use 18650 soldered batteries, except the TC 100 which uses a LiPo pack.
I’ve just fitted a new battery in the cool fire 4, not hard at all.
the battery cost £7 for a 3000 mAh and 30 mins of my time.
Efest 18650 Battery
Efest IMR 18650 Battery is a mod battery suitable for the advanced mod kits such as the Innokin iTaste Cool Fire Mod or Kangertech Sub Box Mod.
- Ampage: 20 / 35 amps
- Capacity: 3000 / 3100 mAh
- Voltage: 3.7 volts
- IMR 18650
Innokin CoolFire IV TC 18650 Review + Charts + Disassembly, disassembly at 16:27
CoolFire IV TC 100
Note that the TC100 does not use a 18650, but a dual LiPo pack:
The battery, a W922565P, from Prismatic Polymer Battery:
- Key features
- High capacity, high energy density and high voltage (>620Wh/L).
- Long cycle life, remains more than 80% capacity after 1000 cycles.
- Outstanding safety performance, good reliability performance, adapting to different environment.
- Achieve IEC62133, UL1642, UN38.3, PSE, CE and other international certifications.
- Range of size is wide, much thinner, wider and longer.
- Good consistence.
|Tab Center Distance(mm)|
Specifications of CoolFire IV TC 100 battery
|Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Height（mm)||Weight
|Tab Center Distance (mm)|
Note that, in the photos, the LiPo pack has “12.21 WH” which is watt-hours (Wh) printed on the side. This unusual unit, is the voltage multiplied by the battery’s capacity, see Dumb question About Li-polymer batteries. So, 1.550 Ah x 3.7 V = 5.735 Wh, 5.735 x 2 (dual pack?) = 11.47 Wh. So I am not sure where the 12.21 comes from, but I have seen it quoted for other batteries, see RMRC Orange Series – 1100mAh 3S 35C Lipo – JST (12.21Wh). For this example the figures make sense: 3S battery => (voltage 3.7 V x 3) x (capacity 1.1 Ah) = 12.21 Wh