…were from this vendor: ukings
- UNO R3 ATmega328P ATMEGA16U2 Board For Arduino Compatible+USB Cable, £4.30+£0.00 (+ £0.50 to UK)
- ATMEGA 2560 CH340 R3 Board ATMEGA16U2 Atmega2560-16AU Mega2560 R3 For Arduino, £7.43 +£0.00 (+ £1.00 to UK)
As I work predominately with OSX, I needed an Arduino that actually had a 16U2 IC for the USB port. I have bought a lot of Arduinos, or rather cheap Chinese clones, over the years that came with the dreaded CH340g. Even though the description and/or the accompanying photos describe/show a 16U2 they are invariably lies. However, the clue to this purchase was that the Arduino Mega link offers a choice between CH340G and 16U2. So, as that seemed rather honest I took a gamble and bought the 16U2 Mega.
Then looking at the vendors other items, I saw a 16U2 Uno, and purchased that too.
When they arrived I had two bone-fide Arduino clones, or what I assume to be clones for that price, which work perfectly with OSX.
However, even though the postage to Thailand was £0.00, unfortunately the postage to the UK is £0.50 and £1.00 for the the Uno and Mega respectively.
The Uno came with a USB cable, whereas the Mega did not.
Alternatives on AliExpress
- UNO R3 for Arduino (with LOGO) MEGA328P ATMEGA16U2 1PCS UNO R3 + 1PCS cables, £3.67 +£0 – very good indeed, 16U2 and “genuine” Arduino Uno clone.
- Mega 2560 R3 Board 2012 Offcial Version with ATMega 2560 ATMega16U2 Chip Integrated Driver with Original Retail Box, £7.47+£0
- Mega 2560 R3 Board 2012 Offcial Version with ATMega 2560 ATMega16U2 Chip for Arduino Integrated Driver with Retail Box, £7.67 +£0
- Mega 2560 R3 Board 2012 Offcial Version with ATMega 2560 ATMega16U2 Chip for Arduino Integrated Driver with Original Retail Box, £5.77 +£1.49 (£5.91 5% off), £6+£1.60
- Mega 2560 R3 Board with USB Cable, ATMega 2560 ATMega16U2 Chip for Arduino Integrated Driver with Retail Box, £7.77+£0 (offer, usually £11.11)
- 10Pcs/lot Mega 2560 R3 Board with USB Cable,ATMega 2560 ATMega16U2 Chip for Arduino Integrated Driver with Retail Box, £69.81
- Boards For Arduino Mega2560 R3MEGA2560 REV3ATmega2560-16AU Board BestQuality new, £6.28 – difficult to trust. Clarification was requested but no response was received.
- CN_ ATMEGA16U2 Board For Arduino Mega 2560 R3 Board Kit Accessorial USB Knitti, £3.91 (£4.12 now) + £0 – Seller assured me that they used 16U2 ICs. Did not arrive.
24V Mega 2560 R3
It’s time to upgrade your 3d printer to 24V power supply using Ramps 1.4 or Ultimaker Shield breakout board for more power.
Taurino Power is improved version of the Arduino Mega 2560 R3 controller, made for the 3D printer community.
Taurino Project is open source and the files are available on github and under taurino.cc
Compared with Arduino MEGA2560, the advantages are as below
1, USB to serial chip using FT232 alternative ATMEGA16U2, better compatibility, to solve a lot of host can not identify the 2560 drive problem.
2, 7-25VDC power supply disregard the 1117 LDO chip which is greatly improved the stability and reduce the burnt risk using a 12V input voltage 1117 chip.
More pricey on Amazon, 3D Printer Part Taurino Power Improved ERUDUINO 2560 Board 24V, £19