After seeing this 24 V SMPS on eBay, Protek 24V 8.4A 200W SMPSU Switch Mode Power Supply Medical Grade PSU PM200-14C, I thought it would be initially useful for a 24 V 3D printer. Then I thought it would be handy for a ±12 V supply for a synth… man, the possibilities are freaking endless..!
- Dual Supply from single 24v dc source and 12v regulator
- How make a dual +-12V supply from a 24V SMPS
- A 7812 and 7912 pair would not work, as they can’t sink currents
- Op-amp and NPN-PNP pair is a solution, for non-capacitive loads
- Two 12 V SMPS is the “best” solution, but…
- It adds more bulk/heat
- This isn’t very cheap, even if it were a good make, see Double the volts… double the fun!